Frank Family

Frank Family
December 2014

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A couple of "firsts"

Julianne had a couple of "firsts" this week - the first trip to the dentist and her first movie in a theater!


Last Wednesday I had a dental appointment so I brought Julianne with so she could see what it was all about.  She stayed pretty close to Grandma the entire time but was carefully watching.  We tried really hard to get her to sit on my lap while my hygienist was cleaning my teeth and even take "a ride" in the chair that moved up and down.  But, she wasn't so sure.  So we just went on with my appointment and my hygienist was awesome - she explained everything she was doing to me and was very kid-friendly.  Then after we were all done, we tried one last time to get her to sit in my lap - and she did it!!  She even let the hygienist check out her teeth and count all of them.  So, when it's time for her "real" appointment - Julianne will be an old pro (or at least I hope)!  To make the day even better - we both received an all clear report - no cavities!


This weekend Julianne also went to the movie theater for the first time.  Saturday, Nick and I took her to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  She did extremely well, although I'm not too surprised - she's a movie/TV LOVER!!!!  We had our popcorn and pop and only had to make 2 trips out to the bathroom during the movie!  The 3D glasses were a little much for her; she took them off halfway through the movie so I'm not sure what she really saw...  But she sat still and watched the entire 1hr 45min movie!  Then we completed our "family date night" at Pizza Hut!  What a fun night!


Jules in her 3D glasses 

Mommy and Jules at the movies 

And I suppose we could call playing outside in the snow this weekend a "first" since we haven't been able to do that much this year.  We were outside both Saturday and Sunday!

 Jules pulling her "slide".

And of course our time outside wouldn't be complete without climbing the snow pile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment