Frank Family

Frank Family
December 2014

Monday, February 28, 2011

Frank Family Fun!

This past weekend Nick's dad side of the family had a gathering at the Holiday Inn in Mankato.  Since 2 of the last 3 Frank Christmases have been cancelled because of weather, we thought we needed to plan a get-together!  I think a great time was had by all!  Mother Nature tried to play a nasty trick on us again, but thankfully it only snowed a little and everyone was able to make to Mankato on Saturday.  The kids swam ALL afternoon and the adults ate and drank (sounds like the typical Frank party, doesn't it??) by the pool area.  Then we ordered in some yummy pizza and ate and drank some more.  By then it was time to put all the tired kids to bed.  Between Nick and his sister and their cousins, there were 8 kids there to keep all the adults busy - Claire (4 and half) and Nora (18 months); Shay (2); Trae (2) and Kyra (7 months); Raya (20 months); Henry (16 months); and Julianne (22 months) - Whew!!  That was a lot of kids.  

After the kids were in bed, they talked me into going to the WOW Zone! (an arcade with bowling, mini golf, a sports bar, and laser tag which was right across the street).  I was reluctant to go - I mean come on - can Laser Tag really be more fun than just chillin' with a beer in the hotel??  But I'm glad I went.  Even though I wasn't a very good shot, Laser Tag was fun and it was good to get out without the kiddo's!

In the morning we had an excellent continental breakfast at the hotel then went to the Barden's for lunch before heading home. It was a really fun weekend and I can't wait to do it again!!

Here are some pictures Sheri took with our camera - I didn't get to take many as I was busy running around after Julianne...
Raya and Julianne in the kiddie pool

Julianne in her stylin' swimsuit (thanks Auntie Kelly and Uncle Jake!)

The Franks in the pool with the kids!

Julianne and I swimming in the big pool - Julianne LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the water.  She was the last one to get out! This was the first time we have taken her swimming in a pool, but I'm sure it won't be the last!
Julianne and Shay in the kiddie pool

The adults' gathering place...

No comments:

Post a Comment