Frank Family

Frank Family
December 2014

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The %$#**@ lawnmower is gone!

It's a happy day in the Frank house - at least in my corner of the world!  Nick bought a new lawnmower today!!!  I like have a big lawn, or at least I used to before this year.   Nick threatened to fence in cattle or goats on the lawn so we didn't have to mow, so I tried not to complain too much... Besides I didn't really mind spending the 3+ hours on the mower each time the lawn needed to be cut - it usually ended up in a good sun-tan (that was pre-baby of course, I don't have 3 hours to myself now!).

However..... this year was a different story - I was about ready to go buy some goats myself!  With all the rain we had this spring, our lawn was growing like crazy and since I'm gone from the house at least 10 hours a day during the week and Nick is gone even more than I am, the only time we had to mow was on weekends.  And I didn't like spending my two free hours (nap time!) on Sat and Sun mowing lawn!  The time I  hired a babysitter so I could mow AND the day I actually took off work early to come home and mow, that stupid, $*#**@*@%#* lawnmower wouldn't work so I had to just sit in the house and look at that overgrown, shaggy lawn from the window.  Ugh - very frustrating! 

SOOOOO I am really glad that we now are the proud owners of a brand new lawn mower (with a 60" deck so maybe I can actually get it done in 2 1/2 hours now!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment